I started out with just five, but folks, the reasons just keep coming, and number six is truly what people are looking for from those they do business with.
- Avoid your exposure to risk- You want to move forward, you want to prosper, and you want to succeed. If fortune does “favor the bold,” then what you should do is be bold. However, when you embark on a new venture, you face risks. Consider these risks before you move forward with any venture, whether business or personal, and use an attorney’s expertise to help you overcome these risks.
- Solutions to your problems- I have worked with many diverse clients while working in the law, and prior to that, while working in the business world. The experiences I have had are a valuable asset to you. My work with others can only serve to benefit you: perspective from others is a good way to help solve problems.
- Study of the law and facts- when you consult with me, you will benefit from a thorough review of the facts and law in your issue. After an in-depth interview with you, to gather the facts of your specific situation, and detailed research into any and all cases and laws that might affect your next move. Making an appointment with this office will secure a comprehensive study of the law and facts to help you solve your problems.
- Communication on your behalf- Let’s face it, sometimes you have to be the bad guy. When you need to take an aggressive posture in a dispute or a negotiation, that is a position in which your attorney, in their capacity as zealously representing you, can help you in that situation. Alternatively, when you find you may need to back down on an issue, having a proxy, such as an attorney, can help you to save face.
- Timely performance- When you pay for an attorney, you pay for someone who has the time and resources to make sure an issue gets done when it needs to be done. A good attorney makes your urgent and important matter, their urgent and important matter.
6. Ongoing support- When you retain an attorney, the attorney should be available, the attorney should be accessible, and the attorney should provide sound advice- these three things comprise support. With me as your attorney, this support goes beyond the first issue you discuss with me. The support continues, throughout aspects of your life and other future issues you may run into. Whether legal or not, having a person you can trust, and who is unquestioningly on your side, is crucial to your wellbeing.